Wednesday, June 27, 2012

 PORTRAITS is one of my favorite facets of photography. I have become accustomed to using strobe lighting from my SB600 and SB700 Speedlights for portraits and food photography. A couple of weeks ago, the ROT Rally folks needed to upload several merchandise images to their website, primarily t-shirts and caps. I scouted the location while we waited for the model to show up. I set up 2 strobes and took advantage of a large open-air entrance whilst being under roof cover. The natural light spilled in nicely and I just needed to light up the model with a through-the-umbrella strobe and then light up the backdrop which was a slightly rusted metal door. PERFECT!
Nikon D5100, 85mm f1.8

On a side note:

  the model decided to enhance her picture. I asked her send me back a copy of her completed efforts.
Now, I understand personal taste, etc. , but, unless the art direction dictates this style, I would prefer to stay truer to actual skin tones as much as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment