Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Let us create

Today I found a website of a creative photography artist, Miss Aniela, from Britain. Her work is phenomenal and of course, I was inspired. Although I created a couple of pieces recently, I have yet to be commissioned to do another. So, while being inspired by Miss Aniela, I did a self-portrait from a collection of photos I did during a photo walk in Georgetown. This is a composite using ONLY what I shot at Wolf Ranch, which, in short, are 3 photos.



                              Can you guess what are the components of my image ? 

1. The clouds were photographed separately.

2. The lilly pads were actually only part of a photograph of the pond. I then, separated the lilies into 3 parts and dodged and burn light values and shadows.

3. I was actually standing on this rock which was part of a larger bed of rock. Light values were adjusted around my head, shirt and pants to match the sky's light direction.

As, with any project, it can be further improved, but, it's just an exercise of basic Photoshop skills.
If I decide to put it on canvas, I'd work on the shirt a bit more, as well as the lilies...

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment