Monday, June 25, 2012

Digital Art Phantasy Portrait

I enjoy making images that can tell a story and convey an emotion. Visual stimuli. While most folks are happy with portraits for their home or photo album, I bring a value-add where my client and I create an art piece that is either inspired from another piece of art, or created entirely from my mind while using photographs from my prized collections. These are composites. All elements of the creation are composed using only images I personally photographed with my own gear.
So our model was photographed in her home by a large window. I layered her onto a photograph of a Galveston sunrise. I then replaced the sun with my photograph of the full moon. The city scape is Austin photographed from Barton Creek Mall parking lot. I split that photo down the middle and swapped the two halves. The clouds have quite a bit of "dodge and burn" actions but are the actual clouds of the photograph. And finally, the seagull that is flying, was actually there and not photoshop'ed in... This piece is near completion.


The image is called Flora Sol.  The flowers were photographed in my backyard, the butterflies were in Galveston, the sunset is from San Diego Beach, while the moon was photographed with my 300mm.
Diane was actually in the reeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment