Monday, November 28, 2011

Freelancing for a local publication

I met Bill Skinner and a staff photographer, Carol Hutchison, at a ribbon-cutting ceremony and complimented the work of Carol in a recently published issue. I kept in touch with Carol through e-mail, commenting on the magazines' progression. A few months later, I was available to do any freelance work and she suggested I send a few samples. Two days later I received my first assignment. So, my own personal challenge is to try a make each image as storytelling as possible. My goal is to have the readers want to keep our issues on the coffee table just a little longer. The ads will be viewed just a few more times and that's what we want, for people to remember the ads.



So, in this ad, I took the picture of the "medic" in my studio, Photoshopped his logo onto his smock and then, my sales rep, who happens to be a photographer also, Photoshopped his image over an image of his own house. He then added the graphics and text.

No comments:

Post a Comment